Interesting Events in Town
Luna classics’ 2014 program:
From the 19th to the 31st of August, 2014, 13 concerts will take place under LUNA at the place du Château in Nyon. LUNA, the innovate, high-tech setting, especially conceived by the EPFL, is the Festival’s emblem. The leading artists invited to the 2014 edition are singers Dee Dee Bridgewater and Ruggero Raimondi, violinists Maxim Vengerov, Nigel Kennedy and Jean-Luc Ponty, pianists Menahem Pressler, Fazil Say, Yuja Wang and Nelson Goerner, cellist Gautier Capuçon, jazzman Gary Burton, as well as dancers Steven McRae, principal at Royal Ballet, Hervé Moreau and Stéphane Bullion, étoiles at Paris Opera Ballet.
For more detailed information go to: www.luna-classics.com
The trademark of the Luna Classics is the great, unprecedented musical ‘encounters’ initiated by the Festival. Top-ranking performers agree to cross the borders of their preferred domain for an artistic dialogue with peers from different disciplines :
- We wait impatiently for one of the great such encounters for 2014 when classical dancer Steven McRae, of the Royal Ballet, will reveal another facet of his talent – tap dancing – accompanied at the piano by Yuja Wang and by the percussion of Martin Grubinger.
- Cellist Gautier Capuçon, a veritable mascot of the Festival, will make Paris Opera stars Hervé Moreau and Stéphane Bullion vibrate in original choreographies, including an exclusive solo conceived by Benjamin Millepied, new director of the Paris Opera Ballet.
- Two of the most beautiful and celebrated voices of the last 40 years, Dee Dee Bridgewater and Ruggero Raimondi, come together in a surprising programme, mixing jazz, opera and popular broadway songs.
- No one will want to miss the exclusive pairing of two of the most important violinists of our times, Nigel Kennedy and Jean-Luc Ponty.
But there is much more to the Luna Classics : the Festival continues the series of great piano recitals begun two years ago.
- The 2014 edition is particularly rich in this regard since it will have Menahem Pressler and Fazil Say to listen to.
- The violin will also play its part, with a recital by Maxim Vengerov, who celebrates his 40th birthday the day of his concert.
Equally of note, for the first time this year, there will be a soirée 100% jazz, with Gary Burton and the Dizzy Gillespie Afro-Cuban Experience, two giants in the history of jazz, who between them have won 15 Grammy Awards, a shower of stars under LUNA.
But the Luna Classics would not really be the Luna Classics without the concerts that give the young talents from the region the chance to shine, under the kindly tutelage of experienced mentors. What can be more exciting for the public than to discover those who will perhaps be the stars of tomorrow. This particularly magnificent line-up for 2014 is completed by a rich range of free events in the festival off.
As LUNA is a spectacular but intimate amphitheater, do not wait too long to buy your tickets !
VINTAGE ROCK NIGHT: Benefit for the Foundation Kids with a Cause Europe
WHEN: 30 August 2014, from 19.30
WHERE: Dinemec Studios, rue de la Paix 3, 1196 GLAND
PRICE: CHF 20.- can be reserved in advance at tel: 079 235 3445
The Australian band "The Stiletto Groove" is an impressive group of musicians who have accompanied international musicians touring Australia, such as Santana, Bob Marley, Men at Work, etc.,
We guarantee a musical "blast" in a very special venue, the Dinemec Studios that have been the chosen recording facility of many great musicians and we look forward to sharing this experience with you for a very good cause, children in need.