Interesting Events in Town
GENEVA SUMMER SCHOOLS
UNIVERSITY OF GENEVA
Why apply to Geneva Summer Schools:
• The world capital of multilateral diplomacy with 40+ IOs and 250+ NGOs (UN, UNHCR, WTO, ICRC) • A dynamic multicultural and international city at the heart of Europe
• The best place to spend your summer (lake, Swiss Alps, free open air festivals, etc.)
What we offer...
• Short courses with equivalence for ECTS credit points, discounts, assistance with accommodation and visa • Faculty from the best universities worldwide
• Excellence in higher education and research (53rd Shanghai Ranking 2016)
• Unique network opportunities between academics and professionals
• Global perspective on interdisciplinary subjects (i.e. Global Health, Human Rights, Environment) • Real experience beyond classrooms, visits and round tables with experts of leading IO and NGO
Montalba Architects presents a pavilion for Bex & Arts 2017, a collaborative project at the crossroads of art, architecture and new technologies.
The Bex & Arts sculpture triennial was started more than 25 years ago. Original works of art are displayed in a beautiful park that offers views towards the Léman landscape and the Alps.
David Montalba, who has known this event since his childhood initiated a temporary pavilion idea for the 2017 exhibition.
The exhibition pavilion, about 40 square meters in size, integrates the presentation to the public of the models of the works realized by the invited artists as well as a FabLab. There is also a small library section where books from the artists are on display, which will allow the exhibition to further impact each and every visitor.
The theme of the energy that connects the works presented in this triennial guided the design of the building. The wooden structure is lightweight and removable so that it can be reused for future
events. The choice of materials, naturally Swiss, and the local constructive know-how have guided the technical and implementation resolutions.
The pavilion is an important step in the visit to the park. It offers visitors the resources and information necessary for the discovery of artists and the understanding of the works.
The FabLab installed in it, and led by a team of specialists, will be a place of exchange and sharing of technology.
To help us carry out this artistic and cultural project, we are looking for sponsors and patrons. Such support will contribute to the building of the pavilion, to further radiate this special event, which profoundly impacts the landscape of Swiss art and the natural landscape.
For further information or to discuss how you might participate in this project, please contact:
MONTALBA ARCHITECTS, Lausanne
Alix Schir, email@example.com
Tel. +41 (0) 21 311 42 96