Switzerland often ranks first in innovation, but do you know where to find its thriving start-up scene?
For more than 25 years, Fongit has been supporting Swiss start-ups in transforming their novel technology into social & economic value. Fongit (la Fondation Genevoise pour l’Innovation Technologique) is a private, non-profit foundation, supported by the state of Geneva and Innosuisse.
Fongit are pioneers in innovation incubation, supporting 50+ technology start-ups in industries spanning from Advanced Engineering, to IT, and MedTech. Over the past decade Fongit’s innovation nation have had 10+ successful M&A exits and raised over CHF 150 M of private capital.
During this visit you will:
- Discover Switzerland’s premier start-up community and see innovation in action
- Interact with world-class start-up entrepreneurs
- Meet with Antonio Gambardella, Director of Fongit who will address the following topics:
- What is Innovation Incubation
- How incubators double the rate of start-up success
- The Swiss model of start-up success - and how it differs from the USA VC approach
- How can corporates and SMEs best benefit from start-ups and their lean innovation practices
If you are passionate about innovation and entrepreneurship, this is a visit not to miss…
11:45 - Arrive at Fongit
12:00 - Tour of Fongit incubator - innovation and entrepreneurs in action (15 minutes tour)
12:15 - Start-up snacks & Networking
12:45 - Swiss Start-up Success - transforming technology into valuable growing companies (25 mins + 5 mins Q&A)
13:15- Pitches from 3 growing start-ups (3x 7 mins + 3 mins Q&A)
13:45 - close